Alabama Gulf Coast Beach Rules & Regulations
Leave Only Footprints – 251-405-2600
When visiting the white sand beaches of the Gulf Shores, Alabama region, it’s important to make sure to follow the rules. These rules and regulations are in place to protect the beach for future generations. They ensure that the beaches remain beautiful and safe and protect our variety of wildlife that call our paradise home. When staying in one of our vacation rentals, we request that you follow the rules. This includes:
- Don’t leave structures or equipment on the beach overnight. The city will remove all items without the option of return.
- Check with your property rules regarding leaving tents and shelters in designated areas during the day.
- Don’t bring prohibited items on the beach. These include but are not limited to: glass containers, litter, overnight camping, pets, fires and fireworks.
- Stay off the dunes. This helps protect these natural habitats.
- Learn and obey the beach warning flag system. This is for your protection.
- Always be respectful of private property.
By following these rules and respecting our beach areas, we can all ensure they will be around for generations to come. Don’t forget to have fun and enjoy yourself!